Monday, November 1, 2010

17 pounds lighter and on my way


It is now November 1, 2010. Many months from my last blog post, but oh well, I'm new at this. I am now 4 months sisterlocked, 17 pounds lighter, and really working on that relationship with God.

Well, my mother and I elected to do the Master Cleanse (Lemonaide Diet) about 3 weeks ago. I lost 12 pounds while doing the cleanse and my mother lost 10 I believe. Afterward we both were not only able to maintain but continue to loose. By completely revamping our eating habits, we have not only lost weight, but we've truly realized how food can either positively or negatively effect your body and energy level. We are definitely eating more vegetables and green leafy ones at that. By experimentation and patience we are finding new and tasty ways to dress up a salad without adding a billion calories to it. Also, we don't deny ourselves anything. We still eat sugar, butter, and fats...the only difference is we now eat them in moderation. Portion control is the key. I do most of the cooking, so I make sure that I only make enough...no room for temptations for second helpings. LOL NOW, it's all about incorporating exercise into our daily lives successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment